Rockhaven is one block from Washington St., the main street in historic Harpers Ferry, so it is quiet yet still close to all the action. The fact that our property doesn’t overlook the river means you won’t be awakened by train whistles in the middle of the night.
In the Area
At the bottom of Washington St./High St. is the Harpers Ferry National Historic Park, which the locals refer to as “Lower Town.” You can walk (if you don’t mind the hike back up the hill) or park over at the National Park Visitors Center (entry fee required) and take the shuttle to Lower Town.
Only a few yards away from Rockhaven is the former Storer College campus (now occupied by the National Park Service), as well as the Appalachian Trail and the AT Conservancy headquarters. A stroll further down the street takes you by historic homes and buildings, and at the end of the street is the oldest cemetery in town, just above Jefferson Rock. The views of Lower Town Harpers Ferry and the two rivers is great from there!
- Historical Town and Battlefield Sightseeing
- White Water Rafting, canoeing, kayaking
- (try River Riders, River & Trail, or Harpers Ferry Adventure Center)
- Hiking (check with the Appalachian Trail Conservancy Headquarters)
- Fishing (try White Fly Outfitters)
- Zip Lining
- Vineyard & Brewery Touring and Tastings (try Harpers Ferry Brewing or the Loudoun Heights cluster of wineries, also Big Cork Vineyards in Maryland)
Contact us with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org